Want to find out more about Roxanne?
Give us a bell:
Hi, my name is Roxanne and I live in Botany Downs with my young children who are both at primary school. I am fluent in Mandarin and English and provide bi-lingual education – we speak Mandarin only on Mandarin Mondays!
I started working with young children in 2012 and I gained my Level 7 Early Childhood Education qualification in 2014. My passion and skills kept growing while I worked in private day cares, community kindergartens and Home-based Childcare offices. I started providing Home-based childcare from my own home in 2017 and I’d say that high-quality Homebased Early Childhood Education is absolutely where my heart and enthusiasm belong and thrive. The 1:4 low ratio enables me to look after children’s individual needs and form a secure emotional bond with them.
I have built strong relationships with all of the families that I have cared for, and these relationships can also grow to be like being part of an extended family.
Weekly Play Experiences
It takes a village to raise a child!
I am professionally trained to provide a premium childcare service to your family to support children’s learning and development. My programme is custom-made, well-designed and culture-inclusive, featuring individual planning and professional learning documentation. I believe and practise the Reggio Emilia philosophy that each child is viewed as infinitely capable, creative and intelligent. These qualities are supported as well as challenged in appropriate ways in natural and child-led settings.
My home is located on a cul-de-sac, it’s safe, quiet, clean, pet-free, smoke-free, warm and loving. The indoor and outdoor play areas are spacious and well-planned to stimulate children’s learning. Each child has their private cot/bed in separate bedrooms for nap time. I also promote a natural lifestyle and use environment-friendly household products such as Ecostore, Zoono and Purelybaby water wipes. I draw and paint a lot and love using recycled materials to create art and craft.
Stems FROM HOME Programme
Stems FROM HOME run a varied weekly programme that all of our Educators and whānau are welcome to attend. This includes;
Playgroup, Little Groovers Music, Korikori Tinana/Active Movement, Kaititiro Whenua (community explorers), and Art in The Park. We also frequently visit the local Rest Home and O Wairoa Marae, and do workshops for the children at Bunnings. All information is shared in our term flyer.
* First Aid/Civil Defence Kit * Cot/bed * Highchair * Car seats
* Personal linen and hand towels
* A quiet home environment, in which children are able to have really good naps (if needed). If your child has a dummy or security object for sleep time, please send these inside their bag.
* Programme planning and monthly learning stories about your child’s individual learning and development, by using Educa (online portfolios).
* A change of clothes as we like to fully experience everything we do!
* A hat and sunblock in summertime. Please apply sun block to your child in the morning and I will reapply during the day.
* Gumboots and a raincoat for the rainy months
* Sufficient nappies, wipes/cream, bibs, and feeding bottles
* A healthy packed lunchbox and a water bottle
Please remember to bring along your child’s Stems Journal. These are a useful communication tool for sharing daily entries about your child’s day, care routines, happenings and up-coming events).
Meet the rest of our Whanau