Want to find out more about Haylee?
Give us a bell:
Hi, I’m Haylee and I live in Rosehill, Papakura with my son Tyler who attends the High School near by. When my daughter Jasmin comes to visit, we like to travel to Rotorua or just spend time together as a family watching movies and hanging out.
As a teenager, my first job was nannying and that’s when I knew I wanted to work with children for the rest of my life. I have worked in a few centres, but it doesn’t compare to nurturing a small group in my own home which is filled with love and a sense of belonging. I find, as an Homebased Educator, it is so rewarding to nurture our precious tamariki and to watch them grow and learn daily.
Weekly Play Experiences
Inside I have a dedicated area where most of our memories are made through play doing arts and crafts, baking and lots of child led play.
Outside I have a big, fully-fenced backyard where I offer children the opportunity to safely play and explore with their friends.
One of the best experiences I enjoy doing with the children is going on outings in the community. We love going to Playgym, and Mainly Music each week. We also do other outings to Bunnings for workshops, Rest Home visits, go for walks around our local bush land, and also meet up with other Educators. I enjoy our outings as it allows the children to make connections with others and also our community around us.
Stems FROM HOME Programme
Stems FROM HOME run a weekly programme of programmed events, community outings and group experiences. All of our Educators and whānau are welcome to attend. For our Educators based in the Franklin district and beyond this includes weekly Playgym session in Pukekohe, and fortnightly music and movement sessions in Pokeno. We also meet up for Kaititiro Whenua (community explorers) outings and do workshops for the children at Bunnings Takanini. All information is shared in our term flyer.
* First Aid/Civil Defence Kit * Cot/bed * Highchair * Car seats
* Personal linen and hand towels
* A quiet home environment, in which children are able to have really good naps (if needed). If your child has a dummy or security object for sleep time, please send these inside their bag.
* Programme planning and monthly learning stories about your child’s individual learning and development, by using Educa (online portfolios).
* A change of clothes as we like to fully experience everything we do!
* A hat and sunblock in summertime. Please apply sun block to your child in the morning and I will reapply during the day.
* Gumboots and a raincoat for the rainy months
* Sufficient nappies, wipes/cream, bibs, and feeding bottles
* A healthy packed lunchbox and a water bottle
Please remember to bring along your child’s Stems Journal. These
are a useful communication tool for sharing daily entries about your
child’s day, care routines, happenings and up-coming events).
Meet the rest of our Whanau