Want to find out more about Jenny?
Give us a bell:
Hi, my name is Jenny and I’m a proud mum to two amazing adult children who now are exploring the world and living their best life. I live in Bucklands Beach, in a handy location for families on their commute to work.
I started as a Home-Based Educator when my firstborn was two years old and I have never looked back, it was the best decision I have ever made.
What I have loved over the years is seeing the joy on the children’s faces when I introduce fun, new learning experiences like exploring nature, exploring our arts and crafts, and making new discoveries. Working in a smaller environment allows me to spend one on one time focussed on your child’s individual needs, following their interests and most importantly supporting their emotional needs. As a Stems Educator, I believe that each child should be treated as an individual. I will value and develop your child’s interests and strengths, extend their learning, and provide opportunities for your child to explore, discover and be creative.
I have my level 4 qualifications, a big backyard for running and climbing, a large covered deck, and a big heart full of passion to support parents/whanau and our tamariki. I would love the opportunity to meet with you and support you and your child.
Weekly Play Experiences
Stems FROM HOME Programme
Stems FROM HOME run a varied weekly programme that all of our Educators and whānau are welcome to attend. This includes;
Playgroup, Little Groovers Music, Korikori Tinana/Active Movement, Kaititiro Whenua (community explorers), and Art in The Park. We also frequently visit the local Rest Home and O Wairoa Marae, and do workshops for the children at Bunnings. All information is shared in our term flyer.
* First Aid/Civil Defence Kit * Cot/bed * Highchair * Car seats
* Personal linen and hand towels
* A quiet home environment, in which children are able to have really good naps (if needed). If your child has a dummy or security object for sleep time, please send these inside their bag.
* Programme planning and monthly learning stories about your child’s individual learning and development, by using Educa (online portfolios).
* A change of clothes as we like to fully experience everything we do!
* A hat and sunblock in summertime. Please apply sun block to your child in the morning and I will reapply during the day.
* Gumboots and a raincoat for the rainy months
* Sufficient nappies, wipes/cream, bibs, and feeding bottles
* A healthy packed lunchbox and a water bottle
Please remember to bring along your child’s Stems Journal. These
are a useful communication tool for sharing daily entries about your
child’s day, care routines, happenings and up-coming events).
Meet the rest of our Whanau