Want to find out more about
Give us a bell:
Hi, my name is Keroli. I live in Darfield with my husband and son. We have a large German Shephard called Murphy who adores his little human brother Jamie and all humans in general.
As a family we love the outdoors, camping, fishing, all water sports, and look forward to biking together when Jamie is ready for 2 wheels.
I have gained my Level 4 Certificate in Early Childhood Education. I also have 30 years of experience with looking after children of all ages and of course having our own miracle son in 2020.
Prior to having Jamie, I worked in the same job for 25 years which I loved, however the love for our son was stronger, as it took 20 years for him to come into our lives. I wanted to find something that I could do from home that included Jamie and help other parents.
As a homebased educator, I want to provide you the peace of mind that you may need while at work, that your child is in a loving nurturing environment. I love watching the expressions on the children’s faces as they figure things out, and I want to help raise independent, emotionally nurtured children.
Weekly Play Experiences
We have a large section with a big play area including a fire truck playhouse, sandpit, fort with a slide, trampoline with safety net and a swing activity set with a smaller slide for the younger children.
With lots of planned educational learning opportunities, as well as supervised free play to support a wide range of skills, let my home be your child’s home away from home.
Stems FROM HOME Programme
Stems FROM HOME run a varied weekly programme that all of our Educators and whānau are welcome to attend. This includes;
Playgroup, Little Explorers (outdoor experiences and outings), Little Splashers swimming lesson in summer terms and Mini-Gym in winter terms. Our Playgroup sessions include regular children’s yoga experiences, and also other fun visitors depending on current interests. All information is shared in our term flyer.
* First Aid/Civil Defence Kit * Cot/bed * Highchair * Car seats
* Personal linen and hand towels
* A quiet home environment, in which children are able to have really good naps (if needed). If your child has a dummy or security object for sleep time, please send these inside their bag.
* Programme planning and monthly learning stories about your child’s individual learning and development, by using Educa (online portfolios).
* A change of clothes as we like to fully experience everything we do!
* A hat and sunblock in summertime. Please apply sun block to your child in the morning and I will reapply during the day.
* Gumboots and a raincoat for the rainy months
* Sufficient nappies, wipes/cream, bibs, and feeding bottles
* A healthy packed lunchbox and a water bottle
Please remember to bring along your child’s Stems Journal. These
are a useful communication tool for sharing daily entries about your
child’s day, care routines, happenings and up-coming events).
Meet the rest of our Whanau