Want to find out more about
Give us a bell:
Kia Ora, my name is Janice. I live in Rolleston and I am a proud Mum to a school aged daughter Deirdre and a wife to a loving husband Ces. We also have a cat named Mocha.
There are so many things that we enjoy doing together as a family, but some of our favorites include spending time outdoors, watching movies, exploring new places, eating and simply spending time together at home. No matter what we’re doing, we always have a lot of fun and make great memories.
When I was in University, I worked part time in Special School Care for kids, a volunteer worker in an orphanage providing daily care to the children such as preparing meals and watching over them. After I finished my Bachelors degree major in Psychology, I worked in the Corporate world and fter some self reflecting I realized that I needed to do what I do love most … being around children, nurturing them and building a healthy and strong emotional relationships with them. That is when I came across Stems FROM HOME and my path completely opened towards being a Educator for tamariki.
I have completed my Level 4 Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care. I have a current first aid certificate, age appropriate sleeping arrangements, and car seats signed off for safety by Baby on the Move. I strongly believe in the home early learning environment as the place that offers the best of real-life learning opportunities for tamariki. I am passionate about teaching and learning and value a child led, play based curriculum. I believe ‘play’ is the opportunity for children to become capable learners, do things for themselves, grow their autonomy and confidence as lifelong learners.
Weekly Play Experiences
As part of the learning programme, Stems FROM HOME have weekly playgroup, gym classes, ‘Little Explorers’ nature playgroup and various learning activities facilitated by Stems that we enjoyed to take part in.
In my home environment different weekly activities are also provided. I always set up water play, arts and crafts, painting, messy play and sometimes exploring the local playgrounds. My outdoor area gives them so many options to play, with many things to ride on, a climbing frame and trampoline for physical exercise.
Stems FROM HOME Programme
Stems FROM HOME run a varied weekly programme that all of our Educators and whānau are welcome to attend. This includes;
Playgroup, Little Explorers (outdoor experiences and outings), Little Splashers swimming lesson in summer terms and Mini-Gym in winter terms. Our Playgroup sessions include regular children’s yoga experiences, and also other fun visitors depending on current interests. All information is shared in our term flyer.
* First Aid/Civil Defence Kit * Cot/bed * Highchair * Car seats
* Personal linen and hand towels
* A quiet home environment, in which children are able to have really good naps (if needed). If your child has a dummy or security object for sleep time, please send these inside their bag.
* Programme planning and monthly learning stories about your child’s individual learning and development, by using Educa (online portfolios).
* A change of clothes as we like to fully experience everything we do!
* A hat and sunblock in summertime. Please apply sun block to your child in the morning and I will reapply during the day.
* Gumboots and a raincoat for the rainy months
* Sufficient nappies, wipes/cream, bibs, and feeding bottles
* A healthy packed lunchbox and a water bottle
Please remember to bring along your child’s Stems Journal. These
are a useful communication tool for sharing daily entries about your
child’s day, care routines, happenings and up-coming events).
Meet the rest of our Whanau