Want to find out more about Janina?
Give us a bell:
Kia ora, my name is Janina.
I live in Southbrook, Rangiora with my husband, Brian. We have two primary aged boys at home and two older children that have flown the nest. As a family we enjoy walks, visiting bike parks, playing board games, and mini golf. Being new to Rangiora we are excited to explore our new neighbourhood.
I have been part of the Early Childhood Sector since 2007 and gained my Diploma in Early Childhood Education in 2010. I hold a First Aid Certificate and New Zealand Teachers Registration.
I have worked in a variety of centres and have attended seminars including Child Protection, Brainwave Trust, and Trauma and the Brain. I have also completed a two day course on emotional literacy for children, teens and adults.
I love the uniqueness of forming great relationships with families, being able to teach and be with the children while finding creative ways to extend and support their interests, learning, and development. I follow the RIE philosophy, which is respectful, reciprocal care and following the child’s lead in their learning and extending their interests and ideas.
Weekly Play Experiences
I have a variety of resources to support, engage and nurture children’s learning including books, blocks, puzzles, magnets, dress-ups, bikes, dolls, art equipment, cars, various animals and natural resources.
I provide a safe, sunny and calm learning environment for children with spaces for sensory play, gardening and science experiments.
I love doing music and board stories each day with the tamariki and have a great range of resources to support this.
My property is fully fenced, with a great outdoor flow to where children can engage with chalk drawing, riding bikes and water play to name a few. Across the road there is a fantastic park, which I am keen to explore with the tamariki.
Stems FROM HOME Programme
Stems FROM HOME run a varied weekly programme that all of our Educators and whānau are welcome to attend. This includes;
Playgroup, Little Explorers (outdoor experiences and outings), Little Splashers swimming lesson in summer terms and Mini-Gym in winter terms. Our Playgroup sessions include regular children’s yoga experiences, and also visits from Siu and Leah from Loopy Tunes Preschool Music. All information is shared in our term flyer.
* First Aid/Civil Defence Kit * Cot/bed * Highchair * Car seats
* Personal linen and hand towels
* A quiet home environment, in which children are able to have really good naps (if needed). If your child has a dummy or security object for sleep time, please send these inside their bag.
* Programme planning and monthly learning stories about your child’s individual learning and development, by using Educa (online portfolios).
* A change of clothes as we like to fully experience everything we do!
* A hat and sunblock in summertime. Please apply sun block to your child in the morning and I will reapply during the day.
* Gumboots and a raincoat for the rainy months
* Sufficient nappies, wipes/cream, bibs, and feeding bottles
* A healthy packed lunchbox and a water bottle
Please remember to bring along your child’s Stems Journal. These are a useful communication tool for sharing daily entries about your child’s day, care routines, happenings and up-coming events).
Meet the rest of our Whanau